Friday, August 29, 2008

LetTer wRitIng

You've probably heard people say "all we get in the mail are bills" well on my birthday, that changed. My great uncle, it turns out, is a scrapbooker! I recieved a handwritten letter with a "scrapped" letter. I can just imagine him putting it together. It made me smile and I felt like "wow" I'm important enough to him that he spent some of his time hunting for just the right words for his greeting/letter.

heRre's An iDeA wE cAn ShAre
Make a cut-out word letter and mail it old-school style. Ask for old magazines from your family and look for words that you want to use in your letter. It'll be fun to make and it will give whoever gets the letter the warm fuzzies. (if you don't know what to write with your words, try a quote (try: blessings or friendship) You can add stickers, tie it closed with a ribbon. Note: Post a comment on how your letter writing goes - and how they are liked by the recipient.

P.S. If you have a hard time finding all the words you need, just handwrite the word you need!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

How cool! Looks like a fun idea for Libby while the kids are at school.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great gift craft idea that can be modified for even a smaller kid, like one who still hasn't developed good hand writing skills to make a thank you letter for a gift or teacher. Thanks for the idea!