Sunday, November 30, 2008

Video Games to Stay in Touch?

Do you miss family who lives out of town? Mario Kart for the Wii might just be the thing to keep your family close. I am absolutely horrible at it. Seriously, I fall off the track, slip on dropped banana peels, use my power boosts at all of the wrong times and come in dead last. So when we were invited to play Mario Kart by family hundreds of miles away on the East Coast I didn't exactly jump at the chance to lose some more. However, the rest of the family wanted to play. They were on the speaker phone and when I joined the game it was a blast! We all just laughed when goofy things happened and it didn't matter how awful I was. The game made the nations capital seem right next door. Who's getting the pizza? My daughter told me it's just about participating. She's right! :)

If you have ideas on other ways games can bring families close, please comment. There's got to be something to video chat (like iChat on the Mac), I mean you could at least play Battleship right?

Take care and stay warm,

Suz

Image source: www.mywii.com.au

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Our family likes to play Apples to Apples and Pitt. I think any time your family is laughing together is bringing them together. (And helping the younger siblings/kids can be a good feeling on both ends)

thriftjunky said...

Haha - how funny - that was a blast!! Sooner or later I am going to also have my wii hooked up at my house so we can all link together again soon!

Jennifer

thriftjunky said...

How funny - yes it really was a blast! Sooner or later I will also have my wii hooked up so we can all play again soon!

love ya!
Jennifer