Monday, August 31, 2009

Catching a Breath

I don't know about you but school has started here and it has been a little crazy, so I thought I would just remind everyone to stop and catch your breath when things get a little hectic. Find some soothing music, or maybe even go without sound for a bit and give yourself a chance to refocus in the midst of all of your new homework and juggling of evening and morning schedules.

How about you write a comment and tell me how you like to unwind and recharge. I'll start first ... sometimes when we are back and forth in the van I like to turn on classical music and it really helps my brain stop buzzing. My kids don't like it for long, except my 5 year old ballerina, but I just tell them it will help with math! Other times there is nothing like a good nap if I get the opportunity... Sunday afternoons are great for that usually for some in my family, my husband likes the noise of a fan, which can be nice, but sometimes I find it frazzling and it makes my ears numb, so I have to shut them all down, as well as the computers and just have it as quiet as possible.... now your turn.

I feel like I am saying this a lot lately, but happy back to school everyone. Hope your year has started well!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I like to do yoga to unwind. I end up concentrating on the poses and not everything else.